All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNacrystalline materials exhibit exceptional mechanical properties, representing an exciting new class of structural materials for techlogical applications. The advancement of this important field depends on the development of new fabrication methods, and an appreciation of the underlying na-scale and interface effects. This authored book addresses these essential issues, presenting for the first time a fundamental, coherent and current account at the theoretical and practical level of nacrystalline and nacomposite bulk materials and coatings. The subject is approached systematically, covering processing methods, key structural and mechanical properties, and a wealth of applications. This is a valuable resource for graduate students studying namaterials science and natechlogies, as well as researchers and practitioners in materials science and engineering.
- Author BiographySupita Seal is a professor for the Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center at the University of Central Florida (UCF). He is also the Nanocoordinator for the Office of Research at UCF, and Director of the Surface Engineering and Nanotechnology Facility. His key research interests include surface engineering, nanoscience and nanotechnology. Carl C. Koch is Professor and Associate Department Head of Materials Science and Engineering, at North Carolina State University. His principal areas of research include nanocrystalline materials; amorphization by mechanical attrition; mechanical alloying; rapid solidification; high temperature intermetallics; oxide superconductors; and metastable materials. He is a fellow of the American Physical Society and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Ilya A. Ovid'ko is Professor and Head of Laboratory for Nanomaterials Mechanics and Theory of Defects, at the Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering (Russian Academy of Sciences) in St Petersburg. His main research interests include nanostructured bulk materials and films; grain boundaries; and advanced materials (nanocrystalline, composite, non-crystalline). Stan Veprek is Visiting Principal Scientist at the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech), Singapore. His areas of research interest include materials, and surface science; plasma CVC PVD; thin film coatings; and light-emitting Si and microcrystalline Si. He also teaches courses at the Technical University Munich and the National University of Singapore.
- Author(s)Carl Koch,Ilya Ovid'ko,Stan Veprek,Sudipta Seal
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note181 figures
- Weight910 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.