All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a well accepted fact that our bodies come in all different shapes and sizes and they all react to food in different ways. In this much-anticipated book, Lee Holmes takes a fresh look at the ancient Indian healing system of Ayurveda and applies it to the way we eat. In Ayurvedic practice, identifying your unique body type, or 'dosha', and keeping it in balance is the key to maintaining your weight and overall health. This practical guide and cookbook will help you to achieve the ideal weight for your body type, connect with your constitutional needs and understand how to bring about harmony in your life through food, nutrition and mindfulness. An extensive introductory section to Ayurveda features tips, tables of dosha-specific foods and meal planners as well as yoga exercises illustrated with step-by-step photographs. The recipe section includes shopping lists and over 120 delicious seasonal dishes, such as Baked pumpkin, quia and kale, Fragrant fish stew, Butternut pumpkin curry, Carrot, mango, rocket and sunflower salad with orange dressing, Pistachio and blueberry pancakes and Pomegranate and lime cheesecake.At-a-glance symbols indicate which dosha (body type) each recipe is suitable for, and which dishes are appropriate during intermittent fasting. Take the Ayurvedic path to good health and abundant natural energy, and achieve your ideal weight and shape.
- Author BiographyLee Holmes is a Certified Health Coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, a wholefoods chef and author of three bestselling books in the Supercharged Food series: Eat Your Way to Good Health, Eat Yourself Beautiful, Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian and most recently, Heal Your Gut. In 2006 her TV career ended up on the cutting room floor after being diagnosed with a debilitating autoimmune disease. After incorporating a wholefoods diet and successfully recovering she created her blog Supercharged Food (www.superchargedfood.com) which won the BUPA Health Influencer award last year. She is a regular writer for the Huffington Post and has been featured in Glamour, Grazia, BBC Good Food, The Sunday Times, Woman's Own, The Sun, The Daily Express and Women's Health.
- Author(s)Lee Holmes
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.82
- AU $38.27Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $46.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.