Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt 100 years old, Texas City is a relatively young city. It was founded t for its beauty or its climate but for its strategic location on the Gulf of Mexico. It developed into a major port city, and industries sprang up and flourished. From bare acreage, the founders forged a community that would become a hometown to thousands of people. Texas City has seen its highs and lows. The US Air Force experienced its humble beginnings here, for instance. The same port, however, that gave life to the desolate land brought destruction in 1947 in the form of the Texas City explosion. A ship carrying ammonium nitrate blew up, killing almost 600 residents, injuring thousands, and bringing damage to nearly every building in town. Texas City recovered from the explosion and in the following decades, continued to be a place of pride for its citizens. The pages of this book are filled with images dating from the 1950s and 1960s to bring back the feeling of a bygone era in Texas City.
- Author(s)Albert L Mitchell
- PublisherArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleImages of America (Arcadia Publishing)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Weight331 g
- Width167 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.