All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arctic features an international mix of classic first-person accounts of exploration, literary travelogues and works of cultural history, natural science and fiction about the North Pole.The contributors include British, American, Scandinavian and Russian explorers such as John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, Salomon August Andree, Knud Rasmussen and Robert Peary; velists such as Jules Verne, Jack London and Barry Lopez; and environmental explorers such as Gretel Ehrlich. It is published alongside the companion volume, The Antarctic: An Anthology .
- Author BiographyElizabeth Kolbert was a political reporter for the New York Times for fourteen years before becoming a staff writer for The New Yorker in 1999. Her series on global warming, 'The Climate of Man' appeared in the magazine in spring 2005; it won a National Magazine Award, the American Association for the Advancement of Science's magazine-writing award, and the National Academies' communication award. She is the author of Field Notes from a Catastrophe: A Frontline Report on Climate Change published by Bloomsbury in 2006. She lives in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintGranta Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Kolbert
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.