All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.93Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn ten stories spanning almost 40 years, Alice Munro explores the inescapable bonds between two women; Flo, practical and dismayingly vulgar, and Rose, the awkward, dreamy stepdaughter who miraculously forges her own success in the larger world.
- Author BiographyAlice Munro grew up in Wingham, Ontario, and attended the University of Western Ontario. She has published thirteen collections of stories as well as a novel, Lives of Girls and Women, and two volumes of Selected Stories. During her distinguished career she has been the recipient of many awards and prizes, including three of Canada s Governor General s Literary Awards and two of its Giller Prizes, the Rea Award for the Short Story, the Lannan Literary Award, England s W. H. Smith Book Award, the National Book Critics Circle Award, and the Man Booker International Prize. In 2013 she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. Her stories have appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, The Paris Review, Granta, and other publications, and her collections have been translated into thirteen languages. She lives in Clinton, Ontario, near Lake Huron.
- Author(s)Alice Munro
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.