Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe Blues: A Visual History will be a unique, fully illustrated (over 250 colour images) account of the blues - the common deminator that has driven and permeated the popular music of the last hundred years. As well as tracing the story of the blues through its various styles, the book will include profiles of fewer than fifty key artists - including fact files with biographical information, recording histories (and must have Playlists ) and more, for each - and feature the most important blues performers. Each chapter also includes three special features that will focus on specific topics of particular interest, and give insights into the social background in which the blues developed as a form. Quotes and firsthand accounts from a variety of musicians and singers, plus eminent blues historians, record producers, and journalists worldwide. Unrivalled illustrated celebration of the blues - other titles on the market are either primarily text accounts or encyclopaedia style reference books. Access to key archives including the Smithsonian Institution (NB the new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture is opening in 2015), the Library of Congress, the Mississippi Blues Foundation, University of Mississippi Blues Archive, the Delta Blues Museum, and many more.
- Author BiographyMike Evans, a London-based author with a background as a musician, began to write about music in the 1970s for such publications as Sounds, Creem, and Melody Maker. He has since gone on to write the bestselling Elvis: A Celebration (DK Adult) and Sterling's own Woodstock: Three Days That Shook the World. Born in Memphis, consulting editor Robert Gordon is one of the world's most highly respected blues historians. His books include The King on the Road (produced in cooperation with the Elvis Presley Estate at Graceland), the acclaimed biography Can't Be Satisfied: The Life and Times of Muddy Waters (Back Bay Books), and the classic study of Memphis music It Came from Memphis (Atria Books).
- Author(s)Mike Evans
- PublisherUnicorn Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUnicorn Publishing Group
- Width248 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine0 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.