All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis photo series begun when the artist observed a controlled prairie burn. Jane Fulton Alt shows the diverse elements of the burn--the mysterious lumisity, the smoke that both obscures and reveals. She says, I was immediately struck by the burn's visual and expressive potential, as well as the way it evoked themes that are at the core of my photographic work--the moment when life and death are t contradictory but are perceived as as a single process. Jane Fulton Alt is a fine art photographer whose work is in numerous American museums and collections.
- Author BiographyJane Fulton Alt, is a fine art photographer in the living and working in the Chicago area. Alt is the recipient of the 2007 Illinois Arts Council Fellowship Award, multiple Ragdale Foundation Fellowships, and three time winner of Photolucida's Critical Mass for her Katrina and Burn portfolios. She has authored Look and Leave: Photographs and Stories of New Orleans's Lower Ninth Ward and her Crude Awakening portfolio was picked up by multiple publications worldwide. She received the Photo District News 2011 Curators Choice Award and most recently the Humble Arts 31 Women in Art Photography, 2012.Alt's work is in the permanent collections of the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, Smithsonian National Museum of American History, New Orleans Museum of Art, De Paul University Art Museum, Southwest Museum of Photography, Beinecke Library at Yale University, Centro Fotografico Alvarez Bravo in Oaxaca, Mexico, Center for Photography at Woodstock, Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center, and the collection of William Hunt.
- Author(s)Associate Director and Chief Curator Deborah Gribbon
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication22/10/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Weight540 g
- Width213 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Jane Fulton Alt
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.