All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis attractive guidebook shows off just how rich our waterways heritage is. Picking out Britain's 50 most beautiful and interesting canals, Stuart Fisher gives a lively background to the history, wildlife, pubs and nearby attractions of each waterway. Each of the 50 chapters also features a map, colour photographs and a handy info box. Through the beautiful cities of London, Bath and Oxford, traversing stunning countryside and national parks, and exploring some of the best Victorian engineering and industry, this book is an inspiring and thoroughly enjoyable read, as well as a perfect resource for anyone thinking about a day out or holiday along Britain's wonderful canals.
- Author BiographyAs the Editor of Canoeist magazine, Stuart Fisher has written monthly guides to the canals and waterways of Britain for many years, always researched from the water, and sometimes using a kayak to reach abandoned or isolated navigations. He is the author of Canals of Britain, Rivers of Britain and British River Navigations, all published by Adlard Coles Nautical.
- Author(s)Stuart Fisher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteIncludes 50 maps and colour photographs throughout
- Weight787 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.00New
- AU $12.56New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.69
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $25.43
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $68.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $55.25Trending at AU $57.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.