All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the popular perception that the free market can objectively ameliorate inequality and markedly improve student academic achievement, this book examines the overly positivistic rhetoric surrounding charter schools. Taking a multifocal approach, this book examines how charter schools reproduce inequality in public education. By linking charter schools to broader social issues and political ecomic factors, such as neoliberalism, race, and class, The Charter School Solution presents a more complete and nuanced assessment of charter schools in the context of the American public education system.
- Author BiographyTara L. Affolter is Assistant Professor of Education Studies, Middlebury College, USA. Jamel K. Donnor is Assistant Professor of Education, The College of William and Mary, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number169
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJamel Donnor,Tara Affolter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.