All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a widely interdisciplinary approach to investigating important questions surrounding the cognitive foundations of group attitudes and social interaction. The volume tackles issues such as the relationship between individual and group attitudes, the cognitive bases of group identity and group identification and the link between emotions and individual attitudes. This volume delves into the links between individual attitudes (such as beliefs, goals and intentions) and how they are reflected in shared attitudes where common belief, collective acceptance, joint intentions, and group preferences come into play. It pursues answers to the connections between trust and beliefs, goals and intentions and attempts to investigate questions such as: does trust have an affective component and how it may relate to hope and fear? The volume also scrutinizes game theory and questions whether it can satisfactorily explain and model social interaction and if there may be any concepts which are t addressed by the current theory. Contributors are derived from disciplines including philosophy, ecomics, psychology, logic and computer science. Interdisciplinary in scope and comprehensive detail, this volume integrates a variety of approaches - philosophical, psychological and artificial intelligence - to strategic, rmative and emotional aspects of social interaction.
- Author BiographyAndreas Herzig (born 1960) is a research director at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse (IRIT) of the French National Research Council (CNRS). His main research topic is the investigation of logical models of interaction, with a focus on logics for reasoning about knowledge, belief, time, action, intention and obligation and the development of reasoning methods for them. Herzig Emiliano Lorini (born 1977) is a researcher at the Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse (IRIT) of the French National Research Council (CNRS). His main research topics are epistemic logic and formal epistemology, game theory, logics of intention, logics of agency, deontic logic, theory of emotions, theory of trust and reputation, theory of institutions.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/10/2015
- Series TitleStudies in the Philosophy of Sociality
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAndreas Herzig,Emiliano Lorini
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.