All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mobile telecommunications industry is one of the most rapidly growing sectors around the world. This book offers a comprehensive ecomic analysis of the main determinants of growth in the industry. Harald Gruber demonstrates the importance of competitive entry and the setting of techlogical standards, both of which play a central role in their contribution to the fast diffusion of techlogy. Detailed country studies provide empirical evidence for the development of the main themes: the diffusion of mobile telecommunications services, the pricing policies in network industries, the role of entry barriers such as radio spectrum and spectrum allocation procedures. This research-based survey will appeal to a wide range of applied industrial ecomists within universities, government and the industry itself.
- Author BiographyHarald Gruber is Deputy Economic Advisor at the European Investment Bank, Luxembourg where he is responsible for project appraisal and sector studies in the information and telecommunications sectors. He has published extensively in refereed economics and industrial organisation journals and is author of Learning and Strategic Product Innovation: Theory and Evidence for the Semiconductor Industry (1994).
- Author(s)Harald Gruber
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note51 tables
- Weight510 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.