All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Florida Everglades ecosystem is recognised world-wide as a significant wetland whose natural processes have been altered and remain threatened. State and Federal US agencies face critical decisions about the course of conservation and restoration efforts. Synthesising nearly ten years of laboratory and field research of the Duke University Wetland Center, this book provides the long-term integrated scientific studies needed to understand the functioning of this region. Background information about the current and historical ecological conditions of the region set the context for reports of long-term research projects, while a series of gradient studies determine the effects of hydrology and nutrient changes. Subsequent sections present models for predicting responses to various conditions and analyse the studies and models, focusing on management and restoration of the Everglades.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author: Curtis J. Richardson is a professor of Resource Ecology at the Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, Duke University, and Director of the Duke University Wetland Center in Durham, NC.
- Author(s)Curtis J. Richardson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEcological Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number201
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note249 black & white illustrations, 79 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1086 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.