All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJack Tworkov (1900--1982) was a significant figure of the Abstract Expressionist period. A ted painter, he was one of the first group of artists who defined the ideals of the New York School, along with Willem de Kooning, Barnett Newman, Ad Reinhardt, and Franz Kline, among others. This book, the first collection of Tworkov's writings, sheds new light on the lives and studio practices of Tworkov and his colleagues as well as on Tworkov's artistic theories and values. These enlightening and intimate writings--personal journals and letters, teaching tebooks, correspondence with other artists, previously unpublished essays, and published articles--are introduced and antated by Mira Schor, who provides an informed account of an important artist and thinker. The book is enriched by photographs by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Irving Penn, Arld Newman, and Robert Rauschenberg; family photographs with Hans Hofmann, John Cage, Kline, and others; and reproductions of some of Tworkov's finest work.
- Author BiographyMira Schor is a painter and author who also teaches at Parsons The New School for Design.
- Author(s)Jack Tworkov
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2009
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note46 black-&-white illustrations + 15 colour images
- Weight1089 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMira Schor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.