All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is an all-embracing survey of far-right politics in Europe: origins, development and impact. It is split into two main sections, part 1 comprising a number of longer essays on national traditions, themes etc., part 2 incorporating shorter entries on specific topics (arranged A-Z), such as movements, people, events, issues, locations, publications, etc. Taken together, the articles and entries in the encyclopedia confirm that the far right in Europe remains a significant force across many countries, all the more powerful for having such powerful historical antecedents. Drawing on both the judgement of commentators and the statements of key political players themselves, The Far Right in Europe offers both reliable information and stimulating debate. The opening section of articles, each around 10,000 words long, outlines the far right traditions in key regions of Europe - (1) Western Europe, (2) Scandinavia, (3) Central Europe, (4) Eastern Europe, (5) Southern Europe and (6) the Balkans - and debates key concepts such as: the Origins of the Far Right; the Development of the Far Right; the Ideology of the Far Right; the Far Right and Foreign Policy; the Far Right and Ecomics; and the Xephobia of the Far Right. The shorter entries which follow offer precise, up-to-date information on movements, people, events, issues, locations and key publications.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter Davies is a Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Huddersfield Paul Jackson is Lecturer in Modern History at Oxford Brookes University, where he has recently completed his doctorate on British intellectuals and the First World War. He has published articles on Bosnian radical nationalism, and the Romanian Iron Guard, and is currently the co-Editor of the peer-reviewed academic journal Totalitarian Movement and Political Religions. He has taught Nazism and fascism at Oxford Brookes University, the University of Northampton and the University of Greenwich all UK, and was the editorial assistant for World Fascism: A Historical Encyclopedia (ABC-CLIO, 2006).
- Author(s)Paul Jackson
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood World Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1315 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byPeter Davies
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.47
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.22
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.99
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.86
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.