All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBelieve in the possible . . . with this New York Times bestseller by three-time Newbery Hor winner Jennifer L. Holm. Galileo. Newton. Salk. Oppenheimer. Science can change the world . . . but can it go too far? Eleven-year-old Ellie has never liked change. She misses fifth grade. She misses her old best friend. She even misses her dearly departed goldfish. Then one day a strange boy shows up. He s bossy. He s cranky. And weirdly eugh . . . he looks a lot like Ellie s grandfather, a scientist who s always been slightly obsessed with immortality. Could this gawky teenager really be Grandpa Melvin? Has he finally found the secret to eternal youth? With a lighthearted touch and plenty of humor, Jennifer Holm celebrates the wonder of science and explores fascinating questions about life and death, family and friendship, immortality . . . and possibility. Look for EXCLUSIVE NEW MATERIAL in the paperback including Ellie s gallery of scientists and other STEM-appropriate features. Warm, witty, and wise. The New York Times * Written in a clean, crisp style, with lively dialogue and wit, this highly accessible vel will find a ready audience. Booklist, Starred * Top-tch middle-grade fiction. Publishers Weekly, Starred * Ellie s memorable journey into the world of science will inspire readers to explore the world around them and celebrate the possible. Shelf Awareness, Starred Awesomely strange and startlingly true-to-life. It makes you wonder what s possible. Rebecca Stead, Newbery Medal winning author of When You Reach MeA SUNSHINE STATE AWARD FINALIST!
- Author BiographyJENNIFER L. HOLM s father was a pediatrician and she grew up listening to him talk about the wonder of antibiotics and how science could change the world. Today Jennifer is the New York Times bestselling author of three Newbery Honor books, as well as the co-creator of the Babymouse series (an Eisner Award Winner) and the Squish series, both of which she collaborates on with her brother, Matthew Holm. Find out more about her by visiting jenniferholm.com and look for her on Twitter at @jenniholm.
- Author(s)Jennifer L Holm
- PublisherYearling Books
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYearling Books
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.