All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLouisiana's identity is inextricably tied to its famous foods; gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya, and etouffee are among the delicious dishes that locals cherish and visitors remember. But Louisiana's traditional cuisine has undergone a recent revision, incorporating more local ingredients and focusing on healthier cooking styles. In The Fresh Table, locavore and native New Orleanian Helana Brigman shares over one hundred recipes that reflect these changes while taking advantage of the state's year-round growing season. Her book offers staples of Louisiana fare seafood, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, and plenty of spices pairing these seasonal dishes with advice about stocking one's pantry, useful substitutions for ingredients, and online resources for out-of-state cooks. Brigman equips every kitchen from New Orleans to New York with information about how to serve Louisiana cuisine all year round. With each season The Fresh Table provides an irresistible selection of affordable recipes like Petit Crab Cakes with Cajun Dipping Sauce, Rosemary Pumpkin Soup served in a baked pumpkin, Fig Prosciutto Salad with Goat Cheese and Spinach, Grilled Sausage with Blackened Summer Squash, Blueberry Balsamic Gelato, and Watermelon Juice with Basil. Brigman introduces each recipe with personal stories that add the last ingredient required for any Louisiana dish a connection with and appreciation for one's community.
- Author BiographyHelana Brigman is the creator of the blog Clearly Delicious, winner of the 2011 Blogger Chile Recipe Challenge from Marx Foods. A food writer, photographer, and cook, she writes the Fresh Ideas column for the Advocate in Baton Rouge, and her work has appeared in Louisiana Cookin . Her daily recipes can be found at clearlydeliciousfoodblog.com.
- Author(s)Helana Brigman
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight680 g
- Width185 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.