CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.19
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionSomebody is about to murder Luane Devore but just who is anybody's guess. It could be the young husband she keeps in bizarre servitude, or the distinguished doctor with an ugly secret in his past, or any of the half-dozen other people whose reputations have been blighted by Luane's malicious gossip. In this funny, poignant and genuinely terrifying vel, the patron saint of American ir re-configures the whodunnit as a who'll-do-it.
- Author Biography(1906 - 1977) James Meyers Thompson was born in Anadarko, Oklahoma. He began writing fiction at a very young age, selling his first story to True Detective when he was only fourteen. Thompson eventually wrote twenty-nine novels, all but three of which were published as paperback originals. Thompson also wrote two screenplays (for the Stanley Kubrick films The Killing and Paths of Glory ). An outstanding crime writer, the world of his fiction is rife with violence and corruption. In examining the underbelly of human experience and American society in particular, Thompson's work at its best is both philosophical and experimental. Several of his novels have been filmed by American and French directors, resulting in classic noir including The Killer Inside Me (1952), After Dark My Sweet (1955), and The Grifters (1963).
- Author(s)Jim Thompson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication22/07/1999
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight265 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.