All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWas Nirvana's near-fatal accident at sea simply a case of bad timing, or was it attempted suicide? And what was so important about an unread email that made her jump recklessly into the Mediterranean? As Leila tries to make sense of her aunt's fate, Nirvana embarks on a journey through memories and secrets. Leila guiltily questions her own fears and failures, bearing the blame of a family that curses the day she was born. Lying in a coma, Nirvana's story of choices made and roads t taken paint a colorful picture of her struggle against expectations in 1980s Egypt. The two voices are skillfully woven together to create an intricate narrative about breaking free from family tradition and the dreams that come back to haunt us. From the sunny beaches of Alexandria to the Bavarian Alps, author Mai Khaled explores the subtleties of family relationships and individual choices.
- Author BiographyMai Khaled is an Egyptian writer, translator, and radio and TV journalist. She is the author of four novels. Marwa Elnaggar, with an MA in English and Comparative Literature is a journalist and writer.
- Author(s)Mai Khaled
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight342 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byMarwa Elnaggar
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.