The Merry Lives of Lisa by Lisa Figus, Mrs Lisa Figus (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you love traveling and in particular if you love Italy, you'll love Lisa Figus' new book. Lisa Figus is an amazing woman who has had an extraordinary life. Born into a life of wealth and privilege in a small town in Ohio, her early years in the 1920's and 1930's were filled with joy and happiness. She would have ended up marrying someone from her hometown and would have lived a very rmal life, if it weren't for her desire to become an actor, which she pursued to the dismay of her parents and family. Her sense of adventure is what brought her to New York in the middle of the second world war to study acting and what allowed her to marry David White, who played Larry Tate on the TV show Bewitched and with whom she had a daughter. With him, she met some of the most influential people of her time, directors, writers, actors, poets, all trying to pursue a career in the arts. However, her life took an unexpected turn. Following her decision to separate from her husband, she decided to take a trip to Italy. It was a decision that will change her life. It is in Rome that she falls in love with a dashing Italian airline pilot. She will eventually marry him and live in Italy for 25 years. Along the way she had two Italian sons, and was witness to some hilarious situations involving cultural and social differences between Italians and Americans. In the 1960's and 1970's it seemed that everyone who was anyone found themselves in Rome, and Lisa Figus was at the center of it all, giving parties and entertaining Italian and American actors and personalities. As if her life wasn't busy eugh, she managed to travel extensively and you'll find she has a talent for describing the people and places she came across in a very amusing and unique way. You'll love Her stories about riding an ostrich in South Africa, or a surprise encounter with an American Astronaut in Hong Kong, or her detailed account of Rome in the 1950's. But all good things eventually come to an end, and Lisa Figus separates from her Italian husband and returns to America to pursue her acting career. She did find success after all, as nurse Georgia on the daytime TV drama General Hospital. Along the way she became involved in that social phemen called Hollywood and met with some of the most interesting people in the business. This is her story.
- Author(s)Lisa Figus,Mrs Lisa Figus
- Date of Publication04/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.