All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Webster explores the tion of desire as found in the Buddhist Pali Can. Beginning by addressing the idea of a 'paradox of desire', whereby we must desire to end desire, the varieties of desire that are articulated in the Pali texts are examined. A range of views of desire, as found in Western thought, are presented as well as Hindu and Jain approaches. An exploration of the concept of ditthi(view or opinion) is also provided, exploring the way in which 'holding views' can be seen as analogous to the process of desiring. Other subjects investigated include the mind-body relationship, the range of Pali terms for desire, and desire's positive spiritual value. A comparative exploration of the various approaches completes the work.
- Author BiographyDavid Webster is Lecturer in Religious Studies at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Author(s)David Webster
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.