All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDaily exercises guaranteed to spark your writing! The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts gives you the inspiration and motivation you need to finish every one of your writing projects. Written by celebrated writing teacher and author Martha Alderson, this book guides you through each stage of the writing process, from constructing compelling characters to establishing an unforgettable ending. Alderson also helps you get into the habit of writing creatively every day, with brand-new imaginative prompts, such as: Create an obstacle that interferes with the protagonist's goal and describe how that scene unfolds moment-by-moment. Provide sensory details of the story world and what your main character is doing at this very moment. Scan earlier scenes for examples of the protagonist's chief character flaw and develop it. He or she will need to overcome this flaw in order to achieve his or her ultimate goal. Show an issue or situation in the main character's life that needs attention and have him or her take the first step forward toward a course of action. Filled with daily affirmations, plot advice, and writing exercises, The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts will set your projects in the right direction--and on their way to the bestseller list!
- Author BiographyMartha Alderson has worked with hundreds of writers (including Shreve Stockton, author of The Daily Coyote and Eating Gluten Free; Terri Thayer, author of the Quilting mystery series and Stamping Sisters mystery series; Jennifer Solow, author of The Booster and The Aristobrats; Adrienne Barbeau, author of There Are Worse Things I Could Do; Penny Warner, author of The Official Nancy Drew Handbook and Dead Man's Hand) in plot workshops, retreats, and plot consultations for more than fifteen years. Her clients include bestselling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors.
- Author(s)Martha Alderson
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Out-of-print date18/05/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.