All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on Roosevelt's pre-presidential career, covering the period between 1858 to 1901, during which time Roosevelt built himself up from a frail asthmatic youth to a robust man with varied interest.
- Author BiographyEdmund Morris was born in Kenya and educated at the Prince of Wales School, Nairobi, and Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa. He worked as an advertising copywriter in London before emigrating to the United States in 1968. His biography The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt won the Pulitzer Prize and the American Book Award in 1980. In 1985 he was appointed Ronald Reagan's authorized biographer. He has written extensively on travel and the arts for such publications as The New Yorker, The New York Times, Harper's, and The Washington Post. The second volume of his Roosevelt biography, Theodore Rex, is currently under way, and will be followed by a third. Edmund Morris lives in New York and Washington, D.C., with his wife and fellow biographer, Sylvia Jukes Morris. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Edmund Morris
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleModern Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintModern Library Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight661 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.