All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow is the United States different in comparison to other states? Why is it different? Addressing these questions can only be done through comparison of distinctive historical development, paths of institutional evolution and cultural differences as they have developed and manifested themselves through different policies for similar problems. The United States is compared with Sweden on tax policy, Canada on financing medical care, France on abortion policy, and Japan on immigration. Ideal for classroom discussion, The Roots of American Exceptionalism is sure to generate debate and discussion.
- Author BiographyCHARLES LOCKHART is a Professor of Political Science at the Texas Christian University. He is the author of a number of books, as well as articles in major political journals.
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication24/10/2003
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byCharles Lockhart
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.