All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole lives would change. - Buddha. Coming of age during China's Cultural Revolution, Benfu survived the cruel years, but he did t emerge unscathed. The Scavenger's Daughters is the story of Benfu and his beloved wife Calli, chronicling their attempts to build a life in the turmoil and aftermath of Maoist China. At the heart of their struggle lies the pain of losing their only child. To fill the terrible hole in their lives, they take in abandoned girls - the unwanted weeds - as their own, lovingly caring for them as flowers in a garden. Linnea, the oldest of the scavenger's daughters, embarks on a struggle of her own, as she falls in love with the son of a wealthy family. Inspired by a true story, this poetic tale of modern-day China chronicles Benfu and Calli as they turn their path of hardship into a beautiful field of flowers.
- Author BiographyKay Bratt is a child advocate and author, residing in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in South Carolina with her husband, daughter, dog, and cat. Kay lived in China for over four years and because of her experiences working with orphans, she strives to be the voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. She is currently an active volunteer for the non-profit organization called An Orphans Wish (AOW). If you would like to read more about what started her career as an author, and also meet the children she knew and loved in China, read her poignant memoir titled Silent Tears: A Journey of Hope in a Chinese Orphanage.
- Author(s)Kay Bratt
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleTales of the Scavenger's Daughters
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.