All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe Secret Book of Running is an irreverent training manual for runners of all ability levels, covering everything from the 5K to the marathon. When it comes to the sport of running, it is generally understood that over 99% of all entrants in a competitive race will lose. In n-competitive running, it is generally understood that if a runner finishes their rmal route in a slower-than-usual time, they will also feel as if they have lost. The Secret Book of Running is the ultimate irreverent training manual to help runners deal with these feelings of defeat. As funny as it is informational, Martin's guide references common frustrations, observations, and joys that come with the sport. And because of the seemingly constant feeling of failure, his guide to running is also designed to help athletes of all ages and skill levels get the most out of their bodies and improve their performance. Offering myth-busting insights on coaching, nutrition, training methods, and more in an irreverent and approachable style, he speaks the language of runners but with an accent all his own. In fact, the book promotes the Jealousy, Anger, and Resentment (JAR) method of training to access the emotions needed to fuel your performance, run better than ever, and finally beat your competition. Full of insights and actionable tools and tips, this definitive and definitely hilarious guide for runners of every level is unlike any other running book currently available. A necessity for anyone looking to run their first race, their fastest race ever, or just fast eugh to beat their competition, The Secret Book of Running ackwledges that runners are often their own worst enemies when it comes to training and racing and uses a great deal of humor along with the research and lessons learned from years of experience to help inspire, educate, and motivate runners of every level to improve.
- Author BiographyLance P. Martin is a middle-aged, middle-of-the-pack runner who never ran track or cross-country. He is a veteran of over a dozen marathons, a former member of and coach for a chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training Program, a Boston Marathon qualifier and finisher, and a blogger on the tension between the love of marathon running and the love of good food and wine. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina with his wife, Anne Conquest, and two sons, Max and Leo.
- Author(s)Lance Martin
- PublisherMax & Leo Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMax & Leo Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.