All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChina currently produces more crude steel than any other country in the world. This book, by an internationally ackwledged expert on the world steel industry, covers all aspects of the steel industry in China. It begins with an outline of the existing steel plants and smaller mills and describes four major mergers in the industry, which indicate a trend toward the consolidation of smaller plants into larger integrated units. Hogan analyzes the major steel markets-including the automotive industry, shipbuilding, appliances, railroads, construction, containers, and oil and gas-in terms of their recent growth, and examines China's raw-materials output. He presents new techlogies being developed and used, and discusses the future of the Chinese steel industry. Hogan successfully argues, using historical and current data (much of it difficult to obtain), that one of the centers of recent Chinese industrial strength is its steel industry, which should be watched carefully. Steel industry analysts and scholars of global industry and ecomics will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Hogan, S.J. is founder of the Industrial Economics Research Institute at Fordham University. His Steel in the 21st Century (1994) has been translated into Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
- Author(s)William T. Hogan
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/10/1999
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight295 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.