All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- Description'It tells of terrible journeys, of men masked against the sun (riding through ethereal regions with their feet frozen), of welcoming fog-girt monasteries lit by butter lamps at the journey's end' - New Statesman . The Way of the White Clouds is the remarkable narrative of a pilgrimage which could t be made today. Lama Anagarika Govinda was among the last to journey through Tibet before its invasion by the Chinese. His unique account is t only a spectacular and gloriously poetic story of exploration and discovery; it is also invaluable for its sensitive and clearly presented interpretation of the Tibetan tradition. 'Why is it that the fate of Tibet has found such a deep echo in the world? There can only be one answer: Tibet has become the symbol of all that present-day humanity is longing for' - Lama Anagarika Govinda.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1898 in Germany, Lama Anagarika Govinda was initiated into the Tibetan Gelug-pa sect. He was one of the most revered western interpreters of Buddhism and the traditional Tibetan way of life. He died in California in 1985.
- Author(s)Lama Anagarika Govinda
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRider & Co
- Content Note1
- Weight343 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.