All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionCombining the smoky, mesquite aroma of Texas fare with the bold and spicy flavors of Mexican cocina, food writer Angelina LaRue embraces the versatile reach of the Southwesta reach that, for LaRue, even encompasses the Native American culinary tradition. Simple, fresh, and farm-grown ingredients enhance the vibrant flavor profile of Southwestern cuisine. LaRue provides a helpful glossary of Spanish culinary terms and even a list of substitutions for some of the regional ingredients. Themed recipe chapters cover all aspects of dining and entertaining, from condimentos to sopas and appetizers to desserts. All the recipes you would hope to find in a family cantina, such as Black Bean-Chicken Empanadas, Three Amigos' Pico de Gallo, Beef Machaca, and Stacked Enchiladas with Red Chile, are well-represented in this volume. In addition to these favorites, LaRue introduces you to unexplored culinary combinations that are both familiar and refreshing, with recipes for Pumpkin Cornbread, Hominy Au Gratin, Chipotle Sweet Potato Cassserole, and Gulf Coast Street Tacos with Jicama/Radish Medley. Accompanied by childhood memories and family stories, these recipes embrace the diversity and authenticity of Tex-Mex cuisinea culinary explosion of flavor!
- Author BiographyAngelina LaRue is a food writer, photographer, and stylist whose love of food and farming have guided her lifes passions. She grew up in West Texas, where her grandfather was a hardworking pumpkin farmer. He was a great influence on her childhood, and she still wishes one day to be able to start a pumpkin farm of her own. She writes two weekly food columns, Food Made Fresh and Food Bytes, that are featured in Lubbock Magazine, Lubbock (TX) Avalanche-Journal, and the Idalou (TX) Beacon. LaRue enjoys cooking, traveling, and gardening. She lives in Idalou, Texas, where she loves to view the wildflowers and canyons of the Lone Star State.
- Author(s)Angelina LaRue
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note100 color photos
- Weight826 g
- Width203 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.