All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last 15 years, the application of invative steel concepts in the automotive industry has increased steadily. Numerical simulation techlogy of hot forming of high-strength steel allows engineers to modify the formability of hot forming steel metals and to optimize die design schemes. Theories, Methods and Numerical Techlogy of Sheet Metal Cold and Hot Forming focuses on hot and cold forming theories, numerical methods, relative simulation and experiment techniques for high-strength steel forming and die design in the automobile industry. Theories, Methods and Numerical Techlogy of Sheet Metal Cold and Hot Forming introduces the general theories of cold forming, then expands upon advanced hot forming theories and simulation methods, including: the forming process, constitutive equations, hot boundary constraint treatment, and hot forming equipment and experiments. Various calculation methods of cold and hot forming, based on the authors' experience in commercial CAE software for sheet metal forming, are provided, as well as a discussion of key issues, such as hot formability with quenching process, die design and cooling channel design in die, and formability experiments. Theories, Methods and Numerical Techlogy of Sheet Metal Cold and Hot Forming will enable readers to develop an advanced kwledge of hot forming, as well as to apply hot forming theories, calculation methods and key techniques to direct their die design. It is therefore a useful reference for students and researchers, as well as automotive engineers.
- Author BiographyPing Hu is the dean of the School of Automotive Engineering in Dalian University of Technology (DUT), China, and a professor in the State Key Lab of Structural Analysis of Industrial Equipment in Dalian, China. Ping Hu is also the founder and CEO of KingMesh Company Ltd. He earned his BS, MS and PhD degrees in mathematical mechanics and computing mechanics at JiLin University of Technology (JUT), and completed his postdoctoral research in Kobe University, Japan. In the past, Ping Hu has been the deputy dean of the Graduate School at Jilin University (JLU), professor in the State Key Lab of Automobile Dynamic Simulation located at JLU, director of the Institute of Automobile Body and Die Engineering, and the CEO of Changchun KingMesh Auto Eng. Ltd. Ning Ma is a technical expert in Zhejiang Geely Automobile Research Institute CO. LTD, and a researcher in the School of Automotive Engineering at Dalian University of Technology. He earned his PhD degrees in mechanical engineering at DUT and completed visiting doctoral research in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University (NU), USA. In the past, Ning Ma worked as a senior project assistant in Advanced Materials Processing Laboratory, NU, USA, project manager, manufacturing and design engineer in Guangzhou Automobile Group Co., Ltd. And SAIC Motor Corporation Limited, China. Li-zhong Liu and Yi-guo Zhu also work in the School of Automotive Engineering at Dalian University of Technology.
- Author(s)Li-Zhong Liu,Ning Ma,Ping Hu,Yi-Guo Zhu
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.