About this product
- Description*A 2014 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD FINALIST* When he was a boy, Luc's mother would warn him about the mock men living in the trees by their home -- chimpanzees whose cries would fill the night. Luc is older w, his mother gone. He lives in a house of mistreated orphans, barely getting by. Then a man calling himself Prof comes to town with a mysterious mission. When Luc tries to rob him, the man isn't mad. Instead, he offers Luc a job. Together, Luc and Prof head into the rough, dangerous jungle in order to study the elusive chimpanzees. There, Luc finally finds a new family -- and must act when that family comes under attack. As he did in his acclaimed vel Endangered, a finalist for the National Book Award, Eliot Schrefer takes us somewhere fiction rarely goes, introducing us to characters we rarely get to meet. The unforgettable result is the story of a boy fleeing his present, a man fleeing his past, and a trio of chimpanzees who are struggling t to flee at all.
- Author BiographyEliot Schrefer's Endangered and Threatened were named as finalists for the National Book Award. He is also the author of The Deadly Sister, The School for Dangerous Girls, Glamorous Disasters, and The New Kid. He lives in New York City. Visit him online at www.eliotschrefer.com.
- Author(s)Eliot Schrefer
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.