All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $48.06Trending at AU $49.69
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionNeverland Publishing is pleased to introduce Three Bridges, the debut vel by James Wilson. Obliquely charting the fallout and fragmentation of relationships and friendships, over an indefinite span of years, Three Bridges is a story of love, loss and the haunting power of memory. The narrative of three chance encounters-each one connected to one of London's historic bridges-is funneled unremittingly through the voice of a nameless narrator who seems bent on self-effacement, but who can only succeed in pervading all that is relayed. Three Bridges is a vel that explores the power, manipulation and deceit inherent in the very act of narration itself. Wilson's meditative, elegiacal prose reveals London as a palimpsest, and he displays a deep kwledge of and fondness for the city that forms the vel's backdrop-it is t without reason that Tears in the Fence have described Wilson as 'an inheritor of the qualities of Iain Sinclair'. Wilson tips his hat to the evident influence of ather great master of prose fiction, W G Sebald, in numerous ways (most tably in his inclusion of uncaptioned photos in the text), but he emerges as an original and powerful voice in his own right. Three Bridges is a slender book, but one that is weighted with gravity and a tugging wistful resonance.
- Author BiographyJames Wilson is the author of Images of the Afterlife in Cinema (2011); All the Colours Fade (2012); and The Song Remains the Same (2012). He is also the translator of two volumes of the French writer Guy de Maupassant: To the Sun (2008) and The Foreign Soul & The Angelus (2008). He is the author of an essay collection, Images of the Afterlife in Cinema (2011); and his prose fiction has appeared in the journal The Use of English. His debut novel, Three Bridges (2014). James lives in London where he works as an editor for a small publishing house.
- Author(s)James Wilson
- PublisherNeverland Publishing Company, LLC
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNeverland Publishing Company, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.