All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $19.68Free postage
- AU $22.09Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionThree vels by Cesar Aira combines three short vels by the cult Argentinian writer in one beautifully designed box set. Irreverent, playful, provocative and prolific, Argentinian author Cesar Aira has written over seventy books and has been ackwledged internationally to be one of the most original and provocative authors in world literature. Collected here are three of his vellas, to be published for the very first time in the UK. In Ghosts, an immigrant worker's family are squatting on the haunted construction site of a luxury condominium building. All of the workmen and their families see the ghosts which float around the place, but one teenage girl's interest in them becomes so intense that her mother realizes her life is in the balance. An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter tells of a point in the life of German painter Johann Moritz Rugendas, when he visits Latin America to paint its spectacular landscapes. There, a strange episode interrupts his trip and irreversibly marks him for life. And in The Literary Conference, a young translator called Cesar Aira travels to a literary conference, intent on world domination ...Praise for Cesar Aira: 'Once you've started reading Aira, you don't want to stop' Roberto Bola 'Aira is firmly in the tradition of Jorge Luis Borges and W. G. Sebald' Los Angeles Times Cesar Aira was born in Coronel Pringles, Argentina, in 1949, and has lived in Bues Aires since 1967. One of the most prolific writers in Argentina, Aira has published more than seventy books.
- Author BiographyCesar Aira was born in Coronel Pringles, Argentina, in 1949, and has lived in Buenos Aires since 1967. One of the most prolific writers in Argentina, Aira has published more than seventy books.
- Author(s)Cesar Aira
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight280 g
- Width116 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Contained items statementContains 3 Paperbacks and Other point of sale
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.