All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this reprint of a classic Indian Captivity Narrative from the 19th century, Nelson Lee recounts his adventures and his narrow escape from the Comanches in tales nearly too tall to be true. From South America to Texas, he finds adventure everywhere. Lee emerges from one hairy situation only to ride into ather daring adventure with the coolness of a Hollywood hero. For three years he is held captive among the Comanches. Tortured by his captors, this Texas Ranger survives to tell others about what he observes and learns about the Comanche tribe, and publishes one of the best descriptions of the life of the Texas Rangers.
- Author BiographyNelson Lee was a nearly illiterate Texas Ranger who was captured by the Comanches and held captive for three years in the late 1800s. His story was wildly popular when it first appeared in print and he became a folk hero of the Old West.
- Author(s)Nelson Lee
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwoDot Books
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.