All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.71
About this product
- DescriptionTrue-to-life stories of bullying told from all perspectives: the role of the target, the bystander, and the person doing the bullying. These three books tell the story of an on going case of bullying from three third graders' perspectives. Luisa describes being targeted by bullying in Weird! Jayla shares her experience as a bystander to bullying in Dare! And in Tough! , Sam speaks from the point of view of someone initiating bullying. Kids will easily relate to Luisa, Jayla, and Sam, as each girl has her own unique experience, eventually learning how to face her challenges with the help of friends, peers, and caring adults. The books may be read separately or as a set; readers will enjoy tracking small details that carry over from one book to ather. Each book concludes with activity club pages for kids, as well as information to help parents, teachers, counsellors, and other adults reinforce the books' messages and foster dialogue with children.
- Author BiographyErin Frankel has an M.A. in English education and is passionate about teaching and writing. Shetaught ESL in Alabama before her recent move to Madrid, Spain, with her husband and threedaughters. Erin knows firsthand what it feels like to be bullied, and she hopes her stories will helpbring smiles back to children who have been involved in bullying. In her free time, Erin loveshiking in the Spanish mountains and kayaking in her hometown of Mays Landing, New Jersey. Paula Heaphy is a print and pattern designer in the fashion industry. She's an explorer of allartistic mediums from glassblowing to shoemaking, but her biggest love is drawing. She jumpedat the chance to illustrate her friend Erin's story, having been bullied herself as a child. She livesin Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Erin Frankel
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWeird!
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 3
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width241 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Paula Heaphy
- Interest Age5 - 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.