All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTranslation scholars have for a long time been arguing in favor of a shift in paradigms to redefine the relationship between translation and the spreading of kwledge. Although a substantial share of worldwide kwledge is conveyed thanks to translation, the effects of this state of affairs upon the ways in which kwledge is actually built are all too rarely taken into account. This is particularly the case in the humanities. The papers presented in this volume fall into three thematic categories - cultural transfer, termilogy and literature. The authors are all scholars in the humanities, and some of them are also translators. They analyze the effects of translation in diverse domains such as the intercultural exchanges among Far Eastern countries, and between Asia and the West; the constitution of termilogies; clinical practices in psychoanalysis; and the impact on the definition of literary genres. Each contribution shows how the act of translation is an integral part of the humanities, producing effects which may often be unforeseen and surprising but are always occasions for invation. This volume contains contributions in English and French.
- Author BiographyAntoine Caze is Professor of American Literature in the Department of English and American Studies, Universite Paris Diderot; he is Director of the Master's Program in Professional Literary Translation, and in charge of the Margins of Literature research program in the LARCA (Laboratoire de recherches sur les cultures Anglophones - CNRS UMR 8225). A specialist of modern and contemporary American poetry, Prof. Caze is also a literary translator. Rainier Lanselle is Associate Professor of Chinese Studies in the Department of Far Eastern Languages and Cultures, Universite Paris Diderot; he is Co-director of the CRCAO (Centre de recherches sur les civilisations de l'Asie Orientale - CNRS UMR 8155). Prof. Lanselle is a specialist of classical Chinese narrative of the Yuan and Ming periods (13
th-18 th cent.), and also works in the field of psychoanalysis.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note10, Illustrations, color
- Weight490 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAntoine Caze,Rainier Lanselle
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.