All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhat impact do issues of culture, religion and identity have on Turkey's chances of joining the EU? Are religious and cultural factors per se the primary obstacle to Turkish accession, or is it their interaction with other factors that is prolonging and complicating Turkey's progress towards EU membership? Mirela Bogdani here analyses the complex range of issues that are influencing the process of Turkey's accession to the EU, assesses the positions of different European actors towards Turkey's pursuit of EU membership and identifies the reasons for the European opposition. She also analyses the issues of political Islam, multiculturalism and the compatibility of Islam with democracy. This book will be an important resource for anyone interested in EU politics, EU enlargement policy, EU-Turkey relations, the relationship between religion and politics, political Islam, multiculturalism and supranational integration.
- Author BiographyMirela Bogdani is a specialist on EU issues with a focus on EU enlargement. She has studied politics at St Antony's College, Oxford University and taught at the School of European Studies, Cardiff University.
- Author(s)Mirela Bogdani
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleLibrary of European Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 16
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight318 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.