All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years we have created hollow forms to store everyday objects and things of value, but functional objects can also be beautiful in their own right. This comprehensive book will guide the beginner through everything they need to kw to get started with turning their own hollow forms. You will learn how to work with different types of wood, which tools to use, and how to apply basic techniques with confidence. Learn the basic principles of form, proportion, and design and how to apply this kwledge to your own work. Seven striking projects are set out in a clear, step-by-step format and progress in difficulty. Projects include an open-necked vase, two-part vase with inset neck, squat hollow form with inset base, end-grain form produced from seasoned wood, cross-grain lidded form with finial top, and green hollow form.
- Author BiographyAfter a background in engineering and then serving in the police force for 12 years, Mark Sanger started woodturning as a way to relax. He soon had work accepted by local galleries and then turned to professional turning as a vocation. Mark is now a teacher, demonstrator, and writer on the subject, and he also sells his work through galleries and private commissions. He specializes in hollow and lidded forms. He lives with his family in the south of England. www.marksanger.co.uk.
- Author(s)Mark Sanger
- PublisherTaunton Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.