All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an in-depth analysis of the roles and strategies of subsidiaries of American multinational companies (MNCs) in Taiwan's IT industry. Based on semi-structured interviews with 16 managing directors of the different foreign-owned subsidiaries and 100 functional unit managers, the authors investigate (1) the roles of functional units in evaluating strategy formulation and change in foreign subsidiaries; (2) the factors that determine strategy formulation and change in foreign subsidiaries and their functional units; and (3) the linkages between cross-functional units. The research underscores the view that MNCs' strategies are composed of assorted heterogeneous elements.
- Author BiographyPi-Chi Chen is Lecturer in International Business at the Department of International Business and Economics, the University of Greenwich. Her research interests include international business strategy, multinational enterprises based in emerging markets, multinational networks and subsidiaries, and regional innovation and development. Young-Chan Kim is Senior Lecturer in International Business at the Department of International Business and Economics, the University of Greenwich. His research interests include international business strategy, multinational enterprises based in emerging markets, especially China and Africa, and regional innovation and development. His recent book 'China and ASEAN' was also published by Springer.
- Author(s)Pi-Chi Chen,Young-Chan Kim
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleUnderstanding China
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight543 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.