All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWAITING FOR WESTON: A Mother's Story About Raising a Multidimensional Child by Marilu Schmier Foreword by Dr. Meg Blackburn Losey, PhD, author of The Children of Now When best-selling author Dr. Meg Blackburn Losey first encountered brightly colored orbs who wanted to communicate with her telepathically, the first turned out to be then 11-year-old Weston Schmier, a mute boy who had once been dismissed by medical experts as severely retarded. Later featured in both her books (The Children of Now and Conversations with the Children of Now), Weston, w 17 years old, has become a pioneer and leader of a wave of children who have been born with severe disabilities yet demonstrate extraordinary talents, such as telepathy, healing abilities, and even spiritual mastery. Now Weston's mother, Marilu Schmier, tells the riveting tale of Weston's early years and her own faith-filled journey to discover who and what her son is. Plagued since birth by illness resulting in brain surgery and autistic-like traits, Weston confounded both the traditional medical and educational systems who did t kw how to treat him. Desperate to save her son, Marilu, a Catholic, put all her faith in one simple prayer -Please send me the people to help my son-a plea that would unexpectedly lead her on a journey to helpers far outside her own personal belief system, including Huna healers, energy workers, psychic channelers, and in particular, Dr. Blackburn Losey, who came to recognize Weston as one of the most advanced evolutionary-wise children she had ever encountered. Alternating between funny, heart-breaking and profound, Waiting for Weston is filled with true, albeit jaw-dropping incidents that step by step show Weston's mastery unfolding, including how Marilu and Weston's speech therapist discovered that t only could he read, he was reading books backwards! Today Weston communicates via a white board in four languages, studies college-level calculus and gives healing workshops in partnership with psychic channels. (In addition, he also loves watching Spanish-language programming, playing basketball, and playing Xbox.) The book also features stories of how many ordinary people have begun to hear Weston speak telepathically and how one might become open to such soul communication. Interviews with Dr. Blackburn, JoQueta Handy (Weston's speech therapist), and a host of others, including a Swami and also a Catholic Archbishop who spoke with the late Pope John Paul II about Weston, gives an expanded viewpoint of just how far-reaching this extraordinary young man's influence has become. Weston is considered a spiritual force by many and is inspiring thousands with his wit, wisdom, and unconditional love without ever saying a word. A real-life triumph of unconditional love, faith and the power of never giving up on one's child, Waiting for Weston was written for Weston, for others like him, for the parents of other differently-abled children, and finally for those who have stopped believing in miracles or the unimaginable. With a 17 percent rise in American children being diagsed with developmental disabilities, including 1 in 88 with autism (compared to the previous decade), Marilu candidly offers her personal story and family's journey as an example of the endless potentials that might be locked inside these children whom the world has seen as being less than perfect.
- Author BiographyMarilu Schmier lives with her husband, Don, and two sons, Randal and Weston, in Southern California. She is the editor and contributor of Weston's Weekly newsletter available through www.westonschmer.com via email. In addition, she has recently launched a line of jewelry called Heart Talk, which refers to the way Weston describes how he speaks. Weston has helped design the jewelry as well as other products that will be available in the future. Marilu continues to homeschool Weston and has recently become a certified Zumba instructor. Already working on the follow-up to Waiting for Weston. Marilu is available for interviews, lectures and book signings. Weston, in collaboration with the channel Meg Lupin, is available for workshops.
- Author(s)Marilu Schmier
- PublisherSoul Connections
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSoul Connections
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.