All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn War and Its Uses: Conflict and Creativity, scholars from many disciplines assess both the positive and negative effects of war - primarily such major conflicts of the twentieth century as World War II, Vietnam, the Cold War, and several smaller conflicts: the Spanish Civil War, the Israeli War for Independence, the Irish Troubles, and medieval chivalric contents.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Juergen Kleist is the author of Das Dilemma der Kunst (Peter Lang, 1989), the novella Nietzsche in Turin (1992), and several short stories that have appeared in anthologies. He has a Ph.D. in German Literature from the University of California, San Diego, and currently is Associate Professor of German at SUNY Plattsburgh. Bruce A. Butterfield is Professor of English at SUNY Plattsburgh, where he teaches courses in twentieth-century fiction and pursues research and writing on contemporary Canadian literature. He is also book-review editor of the journal The American Review of Canadian Studies. Both are editors of Mythology: From Ancient to Post-Modern (Peter Lang, 1992); Breakdowns: The Destiny of the Twentieth Century (Peter Lang, 1994); Re-naming the Landscape (Peter Lang, 1994); Fin de Siecle: Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Comparisons and Perspectives (Peter Lang, 1996); and The Spoils of War: The Bright and Bitter Fruits of Human Conflict (Peter Lang, 1997).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleThe Plattsburgh Studies in the Humanities
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight540 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byBruce A. Butterfield,Juergen Kleist
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.