All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary philosophy and science strive to give a complete account of the world and our position in it. In this original and provocative book, David Gamez engages the reader in a series of colourful thought experiments that illustrate the limits of this mission. Although we commonly believe that science will give a final description of everything, What We Can Never Kw reveals blindspots in many of our theories that completely undermine their ability to explain reality. Each chapter explores these problems using a popular question or topic in philosophy, such as our perception of space, the nature of time, scepticism or the relationship between reason and madness. In this series of lively studies, Gamez pushes our everyday assumptions to their limits and opens up fresh perspectives on philosophy and science. By leading the reader progressively through key areas of our kwledge, this book will leave you questioning everything that you think you kw.
- Author BiographyDavid Gamez is at the University of Essex, UK where he is working on a project to build a conscious robot. He has a PhD in Continental Philosophy and previous publications include What Philosophy Is (co-edited with Havi Carel, Continuum, 2003).
- Author(s)David Gamez
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note10 illustrations (b & w)
- Weight331 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.