All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $11.42
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.87
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $9.58Trending at AU $18.95
- AU $14.62Trending at AU $15.17
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.06Trending at AU $24.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe jackdaw wants all his friends to come to his party, but when he calls out his invitation the animals just touch their heads. Why won't they answer? And what do their actions mean? Luckily a brown owl can help him with the puzzle! This book about friendship and sign language was created by Gruffalo author Julia Donaldson with a group of deaf children in a workshop organised by the t-for-profit organisation Life & Deaf which helps deaf children to explore their identities through poetry, film, performance and art. Featuring Nick Sharratt's bright and accessible illustrations, What the Jackdaw Saw is ather beautiful picture book from the team behind Goat Goes to Playgroup and Toddle Waddle.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's best-loved picture books, and was the 2011-2013 UK Children's Laureate. Her books include Toddle Waddle, What the Ladybird Heard and the modern classic The Gruffalo, which has sold over 13.5 million copies worldwide and has been translated into over sixty languages. Julia also writes fiction as well as poems, plays and songs and her brilliant live children's shows are always in demand. Julia and her husband Malcolm divide their time between Sussex and Edinburgh. Nick Sharratt is one of today's best-loved children's illustrators with close to 250 books to his name and a Nestle Gold Medal-win under his belt. His collaborations with Julia Donaldson include Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose, Goat Goes to Playgroup and Animal Music. In addition to his picture books, Nick also illustrates for older children too, most notably creating the illustrations for the stories of Jacqueline Wilson. Nick lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Out-of-print date11/11/2015
- Weight368 g
- Width278 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Sharratt
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.