All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical, authoritative guide to the siting and installation of a high-quality wind energy project, providing analytical methods for assessing the wind resource. The first half of the book describes the several stages of carrying out a wind-monitoring campaign, addressing such topics as worker safety, data security, and advanced remote sensing techlogy. The second describes the assessment methods. It also addresses cutting-edge research topics such as possible impacts of climate change on wind resources and the strengths and weaknesses of various atmospheric modeling approaches. Professionals in industry such as planners, managers, and installers as well as resource analysts, federal program managers, and students will rely on this resource.
- Author BiographyMichael C. Brower, PhD, editor and lead author, is Chief Technical Officer of AWS Truepower, LLC, where he leads product development and helps ensure quality and standards across the company. A physicist and prominent expert in wind energy, he has led numerous assessments of utility-scale wind projects around the world. He is also known for his contributions to wind flow modeling and short-term wind forecasting. His coauthors are a team of experts in meteorology, engineering, and modeling who have collectively assessed over 60,000 MW of wind plant capacity.
- Author(s)Daniel W. Bernadett,Jeremy Tensen,Kurt V. Elsholz,Mark A. Taylor,Matthew V. Filippelli,Michael Brower,Michael J. Markus
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.