Getting the Most Out of Your PC With 2 GB PC2-5300 Computer RAM
Whether you are building a computer from scratch or are simply looking for an upgrade to your current system, random-access memory (RAM) is arguably one of the most important factors to consider that will ultimately determine your computer's speed.
Why Is RAM Important?
RAM is important for a number of reasons:
- Adding computer memory (RAM) to your system is a quick way to achieve a noticeable speed boost, allowing you to use multiple programs without experiencing lag or performance issues.
- Whether you're playing computer games or use your computer for work, adding the right type of RAM, like DDR2 RAM or DDR3 RAM, to your system will get you instant results
What Are the Advantages of Adding More RAM?
When it comes to installing RAM, many users are unclear of the advantages.
- RAM is incredibly easy to install. In most cases, you simply need to open up your computer or laptop and plug it in.
- While other components, like the CPU, GPU and computer motherboard, play a large role in the speed of your computer, these components are much more expensive than RAM.
When Should I Upgrade RAM?
If you are choosing to upgrade RAM, you are either working with a current PC or are building a new PC from scratch.
- Newer operating systems are more memory intensive. It is important to upgrade your RAM if you are switching to a new OS.
- If you are already opening up your computer to add other components, it's an ideal time to slip in some more RAM due to its inexpensive nature and the ease of installation.