Shop by Composition
Shop by Featured Refinements
Hot This Week
- Possum Magic NEW $2 COIN SETAU $23.0010 left
- Gold Plated Physical Bitcoins Casascius Bit Coin BTC Souvenir Coin With CaseAU $1.6142 sold
- WR 2015 99 Silver Australian Saltwater Crocodile Mint Coin Queen Elizabeth MedalAU $4.5040 sold
- Gold Plated Bitcoin Coin Collectible Physical BTC Coin Art Collection with CaseAU $1.8534 sold
- 2017 RAM 50c UNCIRCULATED COLOURED COIN FORD CLASSICS 1970-1972 XY GT-HO FALCONAU $19.9533 sold
- 2017 possum magic coin collection- $2 x3 $1 x 4 and 1 cent coin Full SetAU $19.0029 sold
- 2017 SET OF 8 POSSUM MAGIC COINS $1 & $2 UNCIRCULATED COINS 1 CENT COIN SET RAMAU $19.9929 sold
- President Donald Trump Eagle Commemorative Souvenir Gold Coin CollectionAU $2.2526 sold
- 1995 KANGAROO SILVER 1oz Coin CardedAU $57.00
- 2003 BUSHRANGERS Fine Silver Proof Four 2oz Silver Coin SetAU $315.00
- New Zealand 2005 50 cents UNC !!! ScarceAU $49.00
- 2017 REMEMBRANCE POPPY Silver Proof CoinAU $269.00
- 2016 DENALI 7 SUMMITS ALASKA MOUNTAIN RANGE 5oz Silver CoinAU $475.00
- 2009 $1 COOK'S COTTAGE Silver Proof CoinAU $52.50
- 2009 $1 ADELAIDE ASSAY GOLD Plated Silver Proof CoinAU $74.00
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
Make an Offer
- 2017 RAM MINT FORD AUSTRALIA CLASSIC COLLECTION TIN SET OF 11 .50c CoinsAU $199.00+AU $12.00 postageMake Offer
- 2015 Australia Remembrance Day RAM Folder $2 Coin - 'C' MintmarkAU $15.00Free postageMake Offer
- 2016 AUSTRALIAN 50 CENT COIN - FIFTY YEAR DECIMAL CURRENCY (RAM)AU $1.40+AU $1.30 postageMake Offer
- 2016 Rio Olympics $2 Australian Coin - Green UNCIRCULATEDAU $4.00+AU $1.25 postageMake Offer
Are you a dedicated coin collector who would love to get your hands on a rare year 2000 mule error Australian $1 coin? These and other rare and treasured coins can be found on eBay.
About the 2000 mule error coin
In 2003, astute coin collectors discovered a major fault in some $1 coins released three years earlier. An unknown number of these $1 coins from the year 2000 had actually been minted using the wrong obverse die meant for the Australian 10 cent piece. These error coins were subsequently released into circulation, but it took a significant period of time for people to notice the 1.4mm diameter difference and the appearance of an incorrect 'double rim', which was much thicker than the rim on a standard Australian $1 coin. At that point the 'mule' became a very popular collector's item, and it has held that reputation ever since. While there are now far fewer mules left in circulation, it is still possible to find an original mule coin on eBay if you wish to add one to your collection. Just make sure you do your research first. You want to be absolutely certain you're buying a genuine mule. It is worth comparing images of mule coins and ordinary $1 coins from the year 2000 in order to understand the important difference.
As you would expect of coins that were minted in 2000 and may or may not have spent a long time in circulation, these mule coins come in a wide variety of conditions. While some show obvious signs of fatigue from everyday use, as well as the possibility of going through pokie machines hundreds of times, other mule coins remain in very good condition. You will need to read the item description and inspect the photos carefully when attempting to place a value on any mule coin for sale. Some sellers will provide a background story of the mule coin's life, how they came into possession of the mule, and how it has been looked after ever since.
On the hunt for rare medieval coins as well? See what you can discover on eBay today!