Shop by Era
Shop by Featured Refinements
Hot This Week
- 2017 RBA Official Folder Two Generations of $10 Unc PairAU $32.5043 sold
- 2017 Reserve Bank of Australia Lowe/Fraser $10 Polymer Banknote - UncirculatedAU $16.0042 sold
- WR Australia Banknote 1988 Bicentennial $10 Colour Gold Dollar Note In COA CaseAU $5.8516 sold
- 2017 Reserve Bank of Australia Lowe/Fraser $10 Polymer Note - Uncirculated PairAU $31.0015 sold
- CONSECUTIVE UNC 2016 Australia $5 Five Dollar ** FIRST PREFIX AA16 **AU $12.9914 sold
- Australian 2015 $10 Banknote UNC R323 Mc406AU $16.9014 sold
- CONSECUTIVE UNC 2016 Australia $5 Five Dollar ** LAST PREFIX EJ**AU $12.9910 sold
- 🌟SOUGHT AFTER 2016 FIVE DOLLAR ($5) LOW SERIALS FIRST PREFIX (AA16) BRAND NEW🌟AU $17.9510 sold
- 2017 RBA Official Folder Two Generations of $10 Unc PairAU $32.50
- WR 7PCS Australia Polymer Banknotes Set 24K Gold Foil Dollar Note + CertificateAU $24.12Was: Previous priceAU $26.80
- WR 24K Old AUstralia 50 Pounds Banknotes Ned Kelly Art Printing Collectible GiftAU $3.68
- AUSTRALIA $10 DOLLAR SILVER BANKNOTE SILVER 3D POLY BANK NOTE FREE COAAU $6.99
- AUSTRALIA $5 24 KT GOLD BANK NOTE 24KT COMMONWEALTH of AUSTRALIA BANKNOTEAU $6.99
- BANKNOTE $2 AUSTRALIA COLOUR GOLD DOLLAR BANK NOTE PAPER 24KT GOLD COAAU $7.39
- 2 x 2016 $5 Dollar Note -UNC- Next GenerationAU $17.50
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
You may also like
Make an Offer
- AUSTRALIA NEW $10 2017 EA17 LAST PREFIX Lowe/Fraser UNC BanknoteAU $28.99Free postageMake Offer
Notes Throughout History
For some collectors, collecting notes simply means finding certain notes to fill their collection. These collectors enjoy their collected notes, they enjoy the process of collecting them, and they take pride in their collection – but their enjoyment doesn’t go much beyond that. But for other collectors, collecting notes means much more. Collecting notes allows them to study history and the culture that surrounds it, simply by paying attention to the information printed on each note. Do notes really hold that much information? Why yes, they do. Day to day, most people don’t pay that much attention to the notes they have in their wallet. They may hand them over to buy things, and they may receive them back in change, but they don’t tend to look at what’s actually depicted on the notes they carry. However, those notes can say a great deal. Notes can feature people of merit, people who have achieved something great or noteworthy. Notes can feature important buildings, architecture, or landmarks, or they can feature birds or animals significant to the country. Notes can also depict events that hold significance with a society, whether current or in remembrance. For that reason, notes can provide essential information about each society and the way it works. Notes are actually a record that can provide a snapshot of life within society during a specific period of time. No matter where they came from, whether they’re Asian notes or European notes, African notes or Middle Eastern notes, they can all provide essential information for interested numismatists.
For many collectors both at home and overseas, Australian notes are highly collectable. Offering a snapshot of Australian society throughout time, Australian notes provide collectors and historians with fascinating information about Australia through the modern ages. For collectors who want to expand their collection, and to discover rare and unusual notes, eBay is the place to start looking. Searching for a certain era? Search Australian notes from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s to find a wide selection of options and a superb selection of styles.