Australian Pre Decimal Stamp Covers
Every rare stamps collector understands the need to be up-to-date with the current market value and factors affecting the overall worth of their Australian stamps. When you inherit a collection, there are a few things to take note of including the rarity and the condition.
What are the key factors to consider in a pre-decimal stamp cover sale?
- When deciding to sell your stamp, there are a few things that will help determine the best method and time to sell. Some of the factors include:
- How the market is conditioned and the demand for rare stamps
- The environmental condition. Be sure to store them in a location that does not devalue the stamps over time.
- Is your stamp collection complete?
How can I get a stamp appraised?
Before selling your rare stamps, you need first to understand the worth. An appraiser uses different approaches to estimate the value including:
- Through stamp publication value
- Previous retail price
- Estimated auction price
- Insurance replacement value
What are other important considerations?
Some other important things to learn about your collection include:
- Who was the previous owner? An individual, stamp collectors, auctioneers?
- How old is that particular collection?
- What is its face value?