Choose the right Christmas puzzle
Christmas puzzles are a fantastic way to keep your mind sharp during the festive season. If you’re looking for a way to bond with your family in the lead up to Christmas, why not work on a Christmas puzzle together? Christmas puzzles also make great gifts for people of all ages.
Tips for finding the perfect Christmas puzzle
There are a few considerations that need to be made when choosing your puzzle.
- Degree of difficulty. This can be determined by piece amount and image detail (or lack thereof). The difficulty of a puzzle is sometimes written on its box or product listing.
- The recipient’s age. If you’re choosing a Christmas puzzle for a child, you will want to choose one that has been made for someone in their age group. For example, Christmas puzzles made for younger children will have bigger and fewer pieces.
- The recipient’s experience level. Puzzle collectors will have wildly different expectations for a Christmas puzzle compared to people who are puzzle amateurs. When gifting to a Christmas puzzle collector, aspects like quality, brand and rarity are important. Such considerations are unnecessary for puzzle amateurs who might prefer a simpler puzzle or even one with a comedic edge.
Why Christmas puzzles make a great gift
Not only are Christmas puzzles seasonally appropriate and easy to wrap, but puzzles generally have great benefits for your brain.
- Exercise your brain. Both logic and creativity are required to solve a puzzle. It’s a full-brain workout because these two mental processes originate from different sides of the brain.
- Problem-solving skills. A puzzle is one big problem. By using logic and rationality to solve a puzzle, you are developing your problem-solving skills.
- Dopamine hit. Finding the right spot for a tricky piece, or even finishing a whole puzzle, triggers a rush of dopamine that will have you smiling and feeling satisfied all day.
Find the best range of Christmas puzzles in Australia on eBay.