Station Wagon Commodore Cars
The Holden Commodore is one of Australias most loved vehicles and manufactured in the country since 1978. The Commodore station wagon is a widely popular family car. With production moving offshore and to front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) models, theres no better time to buy original and classic Australian-made Holden station wagon cars.
Which Classic Commodore Station Wagons Are Available?
If youre looking for early model or classic Holden station wagon cars, you can find cars dating back to the late 1970s and 1980s that come with distinct style.
- VB Commodores released in the late 1970s to replace the full-size HZ Kingswood and were slightly smaller and more fuel-efficient.
- The VC Commodore L wagon went on the market in 1980-1981 and featured an upgraded engine, improved suspension and the introduction of cruise control.
- If youre after a retro brown-and-white look, consider a VH Commodore SL/X wagon, which released in the early 1980s.
Should I Buy From a Dealer or Privately?
- Buying from a dealer is often more expensive, but in many Australian states, they must provide a statutory warranty and guarantee that theres no money owing on the car.
- Many dealers also allow you to trade in your old car and get a reduced price on your new purchase.
- Private sales are usually cheaper, but youll need to check yourself if theres any money owing on the car and have it inspected privately to ensure there are no mechanical faults. You also wont get any protection.
What Should I Consider Before Buying a Commodore Station Wagon?
Its easy to buy a vehicle just based on aesthetics, but its important to do your research before purchase.
- Check the Red Book to see the market value of the car depending on its year and model, and make sure you check the vehicles safety ratings.
- Consider the costs associated with insuring the vehicle and check its fuel consumption to know how much youll need to budget for petrol.