DDR4 SDRAM Memory RAM
RAM, or random access memory, is a type of memory chip that stores cached information. This means that the stored machine code or data goes to the device via the memory chips. DDR4 SDRAM is the fourth (and latest) generation of double data rate memory. The high bandwidth interface of DDR4 SDRAM makes it integral for playing video games, opening browser tabs, and booting up programs.
What are the Uses of DDR4 SDRAM?
DDR4 SDRAM is for random-access data storage in computers, mobile phones and tablets. The most common applications of SDRAM are:
- Virtual Memory: A portion of the RAM chips storage space devotes itself to caching and paging. This means that your device can allocate the virtual memory to operating tasks when physical storage and memory is in short supply.
- Shadow RAM: When cached locations are initialised regularly, shadow RAM enables faster boot-time and BIOS restoration.
- RAM Disk: When DDR4 SDRAM memory chips partition, a computer can utilise the extra storage space to initiate lightning-fast shut-down procedures.
What are the Benefits of Using DDR4 SDRAM?
DDR4 RAM is the fourth generation or random access memory chips to be released for public use. When compared with previous generations of SDRAM, DDR4 RAM has the following advantages:
- Lower Voltage: DDR4 SDRAM is optimised to use less voltage in comparison to first and second generation RAM memory chips. The minor improvement in voltage efficiency becomes especially noticeable when DDR4 modules work in server farms.
- Increased Clock Speed: DDR4 RAM modules operate at a minimum clock speed of 2133 MHz, resulting in significantly faster data transfer rates.
- Higher Bandwidth: The improved clock speed of DDR4 RAM memory chips also means high benchmarks in memory bandwidth, leading to a myriad of boosts in general computing performance.
How will DRR4 SDRAM Memory Impact My Device?
DDR4 SDRAM can dramatically improve the performance of computers, smartphones and tablet devices. Reduced latency and improved bandwidth results in fluid responsiveness during high-load periods and lightning-fast boot-time of cached programs.
- Computer: RAM memory modules are most commonly found in desktop and laptop computers. DDR4 SDRAM memory chips are compatible with both Windows and Apple products, where they store cached data and provide dynamic memory for high-load programs.
- Mobile Phones and Tablets: The DDR4 RAM in your mobile phone is quickly loads and stores the applications and start-up processes for your device.